– The customer, a manufacturer of heat exchangers needed front and back seal faces machining after tube welding.
– An additional requirement was the machining of division slots within the design of the tube bundle.
– The MM2000i flange facing machine was used with a tube sheet mount plate and a back facing assembly.
– Mirage designed and developed a light weight milling rail (LMR2000) which was used for machining the division slots.
– On site commissioning/training of the equipment carried out by a Mirage engineer.
– Final machining to manufacturer’s design.
– Heat exchanger still in operation after 5 years.
– The LMR2000 introduced to the Mirage range.